There is nothing more irritating than a slow internet connection. The fastest method to ruin your day is a slow cellular data connection. Are you also annoyed because the loading symbol won’t stop revolving on your phone? You are unable to access websites, the music keeps stopping, you can’t play your favorite games and the list can go on and on. There are many reasons why your cellular data might be very slow, and sometimes you can fix these simple problems yourself at home without having to go to a technician for his help. If you are also one of those people who keep wondering why my cellular data is so slow then let us see what might be the possible reasons for your slow data and then we will look at the simple methods to solve them.
1. Multiple apps eating up your data: This is one of the most probable reasons why your cellular data is so slow most of the time. Sometimes we open one too many applications and then forget to close them completely. These applications, while still active, keep consuming your data in the background causing a huge drop in your cellular data speed. So you might wanna go to the recent apps tab and close all the applications that are currently not being used by you. If this does not solve your problem then let’s see what the next cause might be for slow data speed.
2. Your location offers poor connection: There is quite a possibility that nothing is wrong with your phone or your data, but the location you live in and the vendor of your SIM card might not make a perfect match. You can try moving to different parts of your house and see if there is a magic corner at your home that may provide a high-speed data connection. And in case you don’t want to relocate just because your data is slow, you can find out which network providers are at the top in your area and get their wi-fi connection set up at home thus solving your problem permanently.
3. Throw out your old sim card: The fact that you are using an old sim card might also cause your cellular data to be extremely sluggish. There are newer telecommunication technologies these days that your old sim card might not support and hence your cellular data is very slow. Even if your device is top-notch and supports the latest technologies, you still might experience slow data speed because of your old sim card. You can easily port your number now without going through much trouble. So buy a new sim card and see if it solves your problem.
4. Your device is not at its best connection: The mobile phones and other latest technology nowadays is built in such a manner that if a top tier network is not available in your area then it will switch to the next best thing on its own and you won’t even find out about it. 5G technology is the fastest in today’s world and we are so addicted to speed that if your devices switch from 5G to 4G (once considered as fast as lightning) you will get annoyed. Although you can go to the settings on your phone and change this feature from “auto” to “manual” and then select the fastest 5G network around you. By doing so, even if a 5G network is not available around you, your device will never switch networks automatically.
5. Too much traffic: There are many people around us who are also using the internet. When these people share the same network vendor like you, then it might cause network congestion hence slowing down your cellular data speed significantly. The bandwidth available reduces and your data becomes sluggish. In such a case, the wise decision is to change your network to some other network or again, install a wi-fi.
6. Data limit is reached: There is a term called “Data throttling”, this means that when you reach a certain threshold limit of your data, your phone will automatically slow your speed to preserve the remaining data that you still might wanna use. The only way to solve this problem is for you to watch your data usage. You might not wanna rush into wasting your data completely. Use it on activities that are important to you and when the day is over, maybe you can use it on personal activities like streaming a movie or a show.
7. Your phone is not updated: The version of android or apple on your phones keeps launching their newer updated versions. Sometimes a simple click on the “update” button can solve a lot of little bugs and issues in your phone. If after using all the above-mentioned solutions, your phone still seems to be slow, then try using the latest version and see if it helps you at all. You can update your phone by going to your phone settings and choosing the “system” option.
8. Clear cache: When you visit different websites, your phone collects cache from those sites. This is actually one of the reasons why you can browse with such great speed. Accumulation of this cache from numerous web pages can cause your phone to be slow and thus you might start to wonder why my cellular data is so slow. So what you can do is, go to settings, select “applications” and click on the “clear cache” option. Your phone will free up the cache and you can go back to fast surfing.
So these are the possible reasons why your cellular data is so slow, and we also mentioned some simple solutions with respect to those problems. You can try these simple harmless methods and get back your cellular data speed. If the problem still persists, it might be time for you to visit that technician.